Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm Gonna Need a Montage

This will be my first post using an iPad and a wireless keyboard. So far, so good. Now if only I could post directly from here instead of having to mail this to myself, open it on a PC, add my artwork, paste it into Blogger, get rid of the extra line spaces, and then post it I would really be cooking with gas.

Technology makes life so easy!

But to the business at hand. I need some new music, and I need your help. Not just any music. Not necessarily good music. Just some stuff to help me stay motivated on the treadmill while drowning out the new idiot at the gym that won't stop with the off-tune caterwauling, weight-slamming, grunting, and clapping. Something to push through the pain.

I'm gonna need a montage.

Here is a list of songs and the movies they came from on my music player that qualify:

1) Winner Takes It All - Over the Top
2) Push It to the Limit - Scarface
3) Like to Get to Know You - One Crazy Summer [Thanks for the correction, Jimmydunes]
4) One Foot in Front of the Other - Revenge of the Nerds
5) Gonna Fly Now - Rocky
6) Hearts on Fire - Rocky IV
7) Number One - Real Genius
8) Eye of the Tiger - Rocky III
9) Walking on Sunshine - Secret of My Success
10) Holding Out for a Hero - Footloose
11) Montage - Team America (or South Park 'Asspen' Episode)

Wow. That's a lot of Sylvester Stallone movies.

It's pretty sad when you see them all in a row like this, but the list is not nearly as pathetic as a lot of the other stuff on my MP3 player. I have no illusions that my music is anything other than garbage, and my catalogue might even possibly be a borderline cry for help.

Nonetheless, I would like to expand my Montage collection. Can you name some songs and movies that should be in the list but aren't? Leave a comment. Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time of my life - dirty dancing
She's like the wind - dirty dancing


Love it! Only movie I've seen 10 times at least

SnowUrchin said...

Thank you! I honestly don't know what to say... :)

Jim said...

"Like to get to know you well" by Howard Jones is from the Camaro rebuilding montage in "Better Off Dead"

SnowUrchin said...

Man... I can't believe I screwed that up. I will fix that when I get home... :)