Friday, February 15, 2013

Things to Remember


The model of a dugout canoe, the doorbell, and the homemade kite.

A small rubber turtle.

Learning to add.

Learning that “left” and “right” stay “left” and “right”, even when you turn around.

The lighthouse jigsaw puzzle.

Getting caught in a summer shower playing street hockey.

Bowling my first 400 set.

Learning that salt water is bad for you.

Getting my tonsils taken out, cracking my noggin on the fold-out bed, and falling down the basement stairs.

The 1976 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records.

A huge pile of 45’s.

My orange bike and my Big Wheel that got stolen.

Shooting down the model airplanes with ping pong balls when it was time to move out of the apartment.

My jackknife and my baseball mitt.

A Reid’s milkshake.

The salute and “going to war”.

The car.

The plane crash.

Beach sand.

Catching a sunfish and an eel.

The puppet show at one grandma’s house and chicken wings at the other’s.

Cutting down our own Christmas tree.

A million, billion crows.

Homemade candy and spaghetti sauce.

Mystery parsley.


Thank you.  Happy Trails, Old Man.