Monday, July 26, 2010

100 Is The New 90

I threw this together while I was mowing the lawn on Saturday.

Please forgive the sloppiness of the meter.  Whereas Samuel Taylor Coleridge's inspiration for his gibberish was opium-based, I can only afford the less fun muse of Sunstroke.  Meh, at least I finish what I start...

Enjoy!

With its air that's drinkable
And mercury unsinkable
To go outside's unthinkable!
Oh, how I hate this place.

Today 'twas one oh three point three
With forty percent humidity
That's one fifteen to you and me.
Man, I hate this place.

Whether this sauna's atypical
An anomaly statistical
Or merely something cyclical
I still hate this place.

I know it's hotter elsewhere, see.
I don't expect your sympathy.
I'm just whining via poetry.
But I still hate this place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. You could mow in that heat and still rhyme.