Monday, November 1, 2010

Another Taste of Home

I was lucky enough to find another taste of home recently. A local fancy-schmancy food store started stocking Vernors Ginger Ale, something I have not had in decades.

For those of you who have not had it, it blows Schweppes or Canada Dry out of the water. Not only is it much more gingery, it tastes a bit like cream soda, and it is every bit as good as I remember it being all those years ago.

According to Wikipedia it shares the title of “Oldest Surviving Soft Drink” with Hires Root Beer.  It is distributed primarily in Michigan and other Northern regions which is probably why I have never seen it around here.

I highly recommend it - get some if you have the means. Just don't bother looking around my area, though, because I think I bought out the only supply for many miles around.  I hope I manage to save some for my Mighty Taco delivery next week...

No comments: