Thursday, January 6, 2011

Great. Now I Need an Insulin Shot.

Playtime at daycare was over and it was time to put all the toys away. All the kids were told to clean up their stuff and they all did, except mine. My son toddled up to the teacher and declared “I don't want to put my crap away yet”.

The teacher tried not to laugh but couldn't stop herself so my son said it again, of course. She composed herself and told him that he shouldn't use words like that. He looked at her like she just told him the sky was green.

Just then, my wife came in to pick him up as my son was reluctantly putting away the toys he was playing with. The teacher told her the story when my son saw his mommy. He ran up and plead his case to her, instead: “I don't want to put my crap away yet”.

That's when they noticed the toy crustacean in his hand. The little orange crab was identical to one of his favorite bath toys at home.

No comments: