Thursday, February 5, 2015

A New(ish) Painting Project

Some projects get pushed to the back burner and neglected for a time. This one, though, got chucked into a virtual oubliette and we are just now getting back to it, mainly because I am tired of walking around this thing in my garage. It's been, like, a year (yikes!) since we started this.

What? Oubliette?  Yeah, I just re-watched Labyrinth recently... 

The last paintings the boy and I did had the rule "we have to use only the supplies we already have in the garage".  It turned out great and the pieces hang in the upstairs hallway.  This one has pretty much the same rules as that but this time we are allowed to dip into his old poster paints as well.   Why?  Well, the old paints (both in the garage and in his craft bin) need to be used up before they become dried up, useless disposal headaches.  This is a cheap and fun way to do this.


Well, I say "fun" but it has been sitting around for waaayy too long for a reason.  It's fun but not as fun as about 100 other fun things I can name. Still, though... Time to stop circling the runway and land this puppy. 

I am doing the taping, he (mainly) is doing the painting, and I will be doing the touch-up work and "idea integration". The colors you see will be muted and the harsh edges will be eroded by the last many, many layers which will complete this painting of a nighttime city in a rainstorm. 



I will post more pics as we soldier on. 

No comments: