Thursday, August 27, 2009

Writer's Block

Can't really think of anything good to write, but I wanted to publish something.

(Hmm... It's disturbing that I have reviewed any number of technical conference papers that clearly have had only that objective in mind... )

Oh, I have a few things in the queue that need some polish but simply are not ready yet. One is a list of odds on stuff happening (like odds you will be hit by lightning vs. odds were on the 2008 USA Olympic team) that I was going to use as an interesting space filler. One is a prediction of swine flu severity that I won't be able to finish this until I get back from "vacation" since a lot of my data is on another computer.

I've got a bunch of stuff about my one-year-old of course (one is entitled "What is the Meaning of 'dis'?") , but I am trying to space that stuff out a little.

I had a little thing sketched out about how I accidentally "defeated" the elevator security system at the hotel but posting that might get a celebrity stalked or stabbed or whatever it is the trendy crazies are doing nowadays.

I also had a scathing review of a steak restaurant pop into my head as I was trying to force myself to choke down the blandtastically overrated meal, but I figure I will give it another shot when I get back in town in case a friend is right about the reason it was a disappointment. He probably is but, like I said, I may get into that later.

Another friend and I had a pretty in-depth and interesting (to me) discussion on the problems and solutions of sea-water desalinization so I could chat about that for a while... But I need to polish that info up quite a bit to make it even remotely readable without making it the literary equivalent of sniffing a chloroform soaked rag.

I leave Nashville tomorrow so I may not get a chance to post unless the muse is upon me and I can craft something mentally while I am sloooowly making my way back to the halfway point tomorrow. Maybe I'll see something interesting or amusing or grizzly to photograph on the way there and post the picture when we get in at 10PM or so. But probably not.

Any good topic ideas? Let me know - post a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Posting simply for the sake of posting? Bring on the puzzle!

SnowUrchin said...

Hey! I'm working on it... I need to finalizing the details now. Expect it next week!