Sunday, May 20, 2012

Radio Silence


Kssshhhhh... Kssshhhh... Hello?... Can you hear me?  Kssshhhh... Is anyone still out there? Ksshhh... I... I... don’t have much time.  This communication channel is very unstable so I will be brief.
My lack of posting recently is not because there is nothing to write about.  In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.  I have many articles in the queue but without time to put what little polish on them I typically do, half-finished in the queue they will stay. 
Among other things we are in the process of moving.   It is an exciting time filled with barely controlled chaos that will hopefully have its happy conclusion late next month.  Between now and then, though, I will have less and less time to, say, regale you with a twelve-page post on how disappointing store-bought edamame is, and more time to, say, doing pretty much the opposite of that.
I will say one thing on the moving front, though.  I have taken a contract out on myself.  
You read that right. 
Both GeneSplicer and Jimmydunes have been informed that if I am ever to utter the phrase “Honey, have you seen my croquet hat?” in a non-ironic way they are to kill me by whatever means they see fit. They would be doing both me and my son a kindness.  Fortunately, the extremely slim but nevertheless non-zero chance that I would have ever spoken these words has evaporated, so one less thing to worry about there.  There are other trigger-phrases that will put the contract into effect as well, but we are still hashing out the details on those.
Ksshhh... Uh-oh.  Kssh... Time to go... Kssh... I have just enough time to post this and the article after it... Ksshhh.... See, I have to go and help a church group make an underwater scene out of plyboard and swimming pool “noodles” for their Vacation Bible School...  Ksshh... Oh, crap... I hope they don’t think that is one of the trigger-phrases... Kshhhhh.... ABORT THE HIT... I REPEAT, ABORT THE Kssshhhhh....

No comments: