Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Godspeed, Little Cache!

Oh No!  One of the geocaches I made has gone missing!  Why, why do bad things happen to good caches?!? You were too young to be archived  [bellows incoherently at heavens, rends garments]!!! 

Sigh.  Well, it had a good run.  In memoriam, here is a pic, the cache description, and the logs for LSL Combat. Oh, yeah, don't forget to play Boys II Men's "It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday" while reading the post. Enjoy!

Cache Description:

My Dearest Mother,

I write this quick missive in the hope that it finds you well.  As you know, it is brother against brother and casualties are heavy on both sides.  Such is war.

Your repeated pleas to “walk away” from this stark, barren battlefield have not fallen upon deaf ears, I assure you.  I wish circumstances were different and I could simply sit and join you for a home cooked meal – I can smell your world famous sweet potatoes as I write this - but we are soldiers and we have a job to do.

 I implore you to have patience. This war cannot last forever and I will be with you and Father as soon as I am able.

Your Devoted Son,

Lt. Beauregard Snowurchin

P.S. Bobby is cheating again!  Make him stop!

Logs (latest to earliest):

snowurchin
  Archive
04/10/2016
Cache archived.

snowurchin
  Write note
04/10/2016
After reading the last comment, the seven year old and I visited GZ to see what was up. We are sad to report that the Geocache has been stolen... Well, maybe not stolen, but it's not there anymore. So it goes. :). Archiving this cache. Thanks for all the favorites, everyone!

latkinsonvarn
  Found it
04/09/2016
Found this container laying on the ground not inside a wooden box. Was hoping to see what was prize worthy. Tried to hide it a little better.

stumphunter
  Found it
02/27/2016
TFTC RAF

flowers22
  Found it
02/04/2016
Fantastic!

reineeann
  Found it
01/25/2016
Love it!

cjcj1515
  Found it
01/19/2016
Wow really cool! What a cold day for caching with the wind whipping at 20 some miles an hour, I dared the cold to claim Lone Star Park. Found the caches as promised. Thanks for the fun.

SNAP!!!
  Found it
12/13/2015
12/13/2015 12:47:00 PM #7517 [i]{details about this cache or event are in ORANGE below}[/i]
We are doing a major run through Lone Star Lakes Park doing maintenance on not only our caches but all others that we can find (or until we get too tired to continue). There were also several caches in the area that we have not found - might as well do them also while we are here!!! 
Once we find the cache we will:
a) Dry the cache out
b) Empty all trash or old and moldy stuff out of the cache
c) Examine the log for dryness and writability
d) Replace logs as needed
e) Repalce baggies as needed

Very quick find here. BUT... the cache was as expected. snowurchin always puts out great caches! So, we not only awarded this cache a favorite point BUT... named this cache as the WINNER.... of the "COVETED" SNAP!!! Cache of the Day Award!!! Congrats! 
SNAP!!! actually stands for "Suffolk Nana And Papa". We are a husband and wife team of cachers who really love both cemetery and historical caches. HEY!!! - if you are ever in the Suffolk, VA area - - - stop by and say hello - - - we are located at the last cache in the SNAP!!!-land geo-graffiti 
Thanks snowurchinfor the cache and the smile which made this a great day of caching!!!
check out our Geocaching blog at: SNAPgeocaching.Blogspot.com
:)

32obx
  Found it
12/11/2015
Couldn't resist getting outside on this beautiful day to grab a few caches. Loved the container! A lot of work went into this one! Thanks for placing.

silvertop1 
  Found it
12/08/2015
Another well constructed hide.
Gotta be a favorite.
Thanks snowurchin for the cache and the fun I had finding it.
Silvertop1

balloop
  Found it
11/29/2015
What a pleasant surprise to see this container after cresting the small hill. Well done and quite creative! No experience with that game. SL. TFTC. Took the TB.

grandad24
  Found it
11/04/2015
In town to attend a funeral, so a morning of geocaching in a park is a good way to reflect on life. Quick find. Thanks for placing this cache. Log was signed and returned as found.
This has to be the most unusual cache I have ever found. Funny write up, funny cache, and an uplifting moment. I really needed this type of cache this morning. Thanks a bunch. Instant favorite. Left TB Atlantic Slave Trade.

rg1334
  Found it
10/24/2015
Awesome find. Kids favorite one so far.

hairysojourner
  Found it
08/15/2015
Great hide! TFTC

DrMedicineWoman
  Found it
08/15/2015
Tftc!

teamziegler1
  Found it
08/15/2015
Did not think the container would look like that

gkygirl24
  Found it
08/07/2015
Tftc. Signed as Sammies. We had a fun afternoon exploring the park. Best find of the day... Maybe ever. Impressive container!!

episcodad
  Found it
08/07/2015
Another very creative snow urchin cache. Puzzled for a few moments as to where the cache was hidden until I read the hint. TFTC

GrandpaGene
  Found it
08/05/2015
Another easy to find masterpiece by Snowurchin! Be aware that water is pooling inside. SL for #5,927 and left a pink and white Mickie Frog. TFTC.

Lacey1961
  Found it
07/27/2015
Found for 4550. Another awesome container. The workmanship is outstanding. This is another one that would make a great milestone cache. It was a "midway" milestone for me.
I took a photo of it, for myself. And I sent a copy to bramatic. :) I can understand how she forgot. You get caught up in admiring the work. (And now that I'm at LSL, I think I'll grab a photo of Critical Cache, since I forgot when I found that one)
Thanks, snowurchin, for a very fun find. Favorite point.

bdramatic
 Write note
07/26/2015
snowurchin is gaining a much-deserved reputation for the outstanding containers he's put out! Just look at this one, for instance. So far, it's at 100% favorite rating! This (like the other 3 he's created) is a most creative container, and well worth the search. It's one of those containers that when you see it you know right away that you've found the cache. I meant to take a picture of it with my phone (NOT to post on my log, but just to keep for myself) but I found myself so excited about the find and marveling at the workmanship involved that I completely forgot to take the picture! Fantastic container! If I could give it more than 1 favorite I surely would!! :)

bdramatic
 Found it
07/26/2015
Had to wait until AFTER church but even after taking the VERY long way to gz I was still FTF. Will write more when I get home. Collected FTF prize coin, sl, and left signature PT. Thanks for another great hide!

No comments: