Tuesday, November 15, 2011

SnowUrchin's Got a Brand New Poll

I had a colossal “situational awareness” fail at the gym today but I don't have enough time to get into that right now – Rocksmith calls.

Tomorrow... I'll write it up tomorrow.

In way of a space-filler, though, here is something else. After reading Under The Dome by Stephen King I vowed to never, ever read another one of his novels again ever ever ever. To realize the strength of this statement you need to realize that The Stand had held the top spot in my favorite books of all time for the better part of two decades.

I love time travel stories. I love alternate history stories. I will watch the Back to the Future trilogy whenever I notice it is on TBS (Federal Law mandates it is on at least once a week). I even “get” Primer.

Today, I learned from a Wired article that Mr. King has a new book out. It's called 11/22/63. It's about time travel. It's about alternate histories.

So here's the poll: I am currently in-between books. Should I get the new Stephen King novel?
  • No. Time travel be damned, remember your vow. For the love of God, remember Under the Dome.
  • Yes. It will probably be fine and the universe has better things to do than to try and trick you into reading another crummy novel, anyway.
The poll is in the sidebar on the right. It will be up for a week. If you can't see the poll, it doesn't work for some reason, or you just feel like commenting, leave a comment.

4 comments:

Siun-Kelan said...

Oh my, DON'T fall for it again!!! SK has been putting out nothing but bombs since Tommyknockers. We got sucked in with "Cell" a few years ago... Don't drink the Kool-Aid, you'll hate yourself in the morning.

Agmorion the black said...

Remember! Candy Corn is neither Corn nor Candy. Don't be fooled. The Morlocks are NOT your friends!

SnowUrchin said...

@Agmorion
I can see that Focusin prescription is doing wonders...

Anonymous said...

Woa... I am a firm believer in intermittent reinforcement. Eventually if you keep reading sk books, you'll hit another jackpot like the stand. Remember all those early movies we'd watch on VHS we rented from a movie rental store.