Monday, September 14, 2009

Site Update



Puzzle 04: Corkboard has been posted! Check the sidebar. Or the post below. Either one. Go with your heart.

Those of you that followed the old site know that this is the same exact puzzle from way back then. It remains unsolved, obviously. To get some insight into how I think, it might help you to check out the old puzzles listed in the sidebar. Then again, it may not...

The current prize is "Braggin' Rights". Now, before you complain that you can't buy a cup of coffee with "braggin' rights" you may want to consider that a lot of worthy pursuits don't necessarily have a financial side to them. I mean, I have been beating my brains out on a certain puzzle at puzzlemonster.com for more hours than I am proud to admit, and that's entirely for the challenge.

Ok, ok... and the t-shirt.

But if you absolutely, positively must have something tangible to shoot for then you can wait until the prize is something more than effectively zero dollars. How does the prize pool get bigger? Donations to the site (see the FAQ section in the sidebar) and money from stuff I build and sell (or just sell) on craigslist. Sometimes I will add some cash to speed things along if the puzzle has been up for a while. It doesn't cost you anything to solve the puzzle.

What I need help with, though, is deciding on a 501c charity that will receive the Charity Pool once it gets above zero. I may or may not take your suggestions, but I prefer smaller, less well-known ones. Since the Prize Pool and the Charity Pool have historically been pretty small ($60 or so) BTW, I will always give at least $50 to charity once the puzzle has been solved. Leave a comment or drop me a line if you have any ideas.
.
Good Luck!

No comments: