Wednesday, December 22, 2010

La Nova Wings Delivery

I blew off going to the gym after work today to see if my La Nova wings made it here safely from their trip from Buffalo.  The box on the porch appeared undamaged and was very cold to the touch, so all signs were pointing to "YES".  Sweet.
Here is the shipping box containing my five pounds of wings.
My new DayGlo yellow/green t-shirt, guaranteed to violate the living hell out of the dress code of absolutely anywhere at all.  It is very comfortable, but my wife won't let me even wear it around the house.  What a gyp.
One of the two bags that came in the shipping cooler, along with a whole mess of...

...dry ice!  Huge chunks of it were left over from the overnight shipping process.  Awesome!  I played around with the leftover frozen CO2 while I waited for my wings to heat up in the freezer (you read that right) before I could cook them.

So far I have had 15 of the wings -the rest need to be saved for the nearly-twenty people that are stopping by for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals.  They are very, very good.  Not bland, not too spicy, and, as far as I can remember, better than anything I have ever had in this area  Good sized pieces and good distribution of wings and legs.  They heat up well in the microwave, too.

Well, so far in my quest to re-capture a taste of home, I have gotten Mighty Taco burritos, sponge candy, Vernor's Ginger Ale, and now La Nova wings.  Now I need to figure out a way to have shipped a milkshake from Reid's and a fish fry dinner from the UAW hall (both in Lockport) and I may never actually need to visit the area ever again.

Until the afternoon of April 8th, 2024, that is.  See you then.

1 comment:

Agmorion the black said...

I hate it when you make me look things up. But I remembered you mentioning something about that date before. It's comfortably far off, but maybe we'll see it (or rather won't see it) together. Probably still be chilly there though.