Thursday, December 20, 2012

Maybe Captain Queeg Had a Point...


When an unexpected gift box shows up on your doorstep covered in condensation it’s probably a good idea to check out its contents before jamming it under the tree and awaiting the Big Day.  Boy, I am glad we did.

Tonight, the UPS guy brought us a box of gourmet strawberries from Shari’s Berries, a company that specializes in hand-dipped berries, cookies, and cakes. That’s the pic there.

They are as delicious as they look, and, since they are fruit, I assume they are very, very healthy so eating the whole lot as rapidly as humanly possible is probably a good thing.  Actually, according to the slip of paper that shipped with these little chunks of solid “awesome”, they are best enjoyed within 48 hours of receipt.

Wait...

Hours?  Hours?!  Pfft, oh, yeah, like they are gonna last “hours”...  As a matter of fact, why am I wasting my time talking with you people while I have these in front of me?

Thanks for the gift, Agmorion and Siun-Kelan!  Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: