Tuesday, September 3, 2013

New Puzzle Hint

Ask, and ye shall receive... sometimes.

Luckily, this is one of those times.

I woke up this morning to find that someone requested a new hint for the Corkboard puzzle.  No problem, right?  Well... not really.  See, I could have sworn that I posted more than three hints to this thing and I could have sworn I put the puzzle on the Secret Puzzle Page a long time ago.

Unfortunately, all I see are three hints but no hint of a corkboard at all on the Secret Puzzle Page.  Odd.  Maybe it's my imperfect memory combined with an imperfect editing of the site when I took down the Puzzle for Charity that's causing the problem.

Here are the three old hints and one new one.  Usually I put these hints in ROT-13 to avoid spoiling the fun for those who aren't quite yet ready for one, but, since I posted the first three in plaintext, they will remain that way.  Copy and paste the fourth hint here to decode it, or just do the ROT-13 heavy lifting yourself:

  • Hint #1 (Posted 2146 021210): The tacks are there for a reason.
  • Hint #2 (Posted 2136 062410): The words and designs on the corks don't mean anything
  • Hint #3 (Posted 2130 081610): The first letter is “W”.
  • Hint #4 (Posted 2031 090313): Gurer ner 21 yrggref va gur fbyhgvba

Oh, if it turns out I am missing something and I did post more than three hints in the past, let me know and I will update the hint list.

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out the other unsolved puzzles at the Secret Puzzle Page (link in the sidebar).  Good Luck!

No comments: