Saturday, May 14, 2011

Yeah, It's Been A While (Resolutions)

What else have I been up to over the past couple of months?  Let's talk about my 2011 New Year's Resolutions.

Running is not going well - I had to take a month off from the gym.  I overstressed my left leg  bumping the treadmill speed up to 6.7 mph for my runs.  I don't know what it was but it was a dull "if you don't stop you'll be sorry" pain that ran from just below my knee all the way up the back of my leg.  Some people said "sciatic nerve".  Some said "hamstring".  Still others said "sand somewhere anatomically impossible" then pushed me down and took my lunch money.  In any case, I rested it, and the pain is gone and I am back to the gym again burning off unnecessary and undeserved cheeseburgers or whatever.

On the plus side I played the starring role in our church's Easter cantata thingy.  Two shows, four costume changes, a lot of lines, and a couple hundred total audience members.  Personally, I think this counts as a "win" for my New Year's Resolution of "trying out for a play".  I did not technically "try out" for a play, though.  I was selected mainly for my ability to carry the cross without also dragging along a walker, an oxygen tank, and seven other dudes to help me (putting me in the minority) and my inability to come up with a decent excuse on the phone as to why I couldn't be bothered to be in the play (again, putting me in the minority).  Though I was nervous and panicky the whole time and more than once entertained the notion of running off in the middle of the thing screaming "Stop looking at me!" I am told I did well. 

What do you think?  Does it meet the intent of the resolution?  I will take your silence as a "yes".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. You forgot to mention you had the choir in tears