Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yeah, It's Been A While

It has been a very long time since I have last written.  Why?  Just didn't feel like it, I guess.  What have I been up to?  Lots of stuff.  Too much for one post, so I will just start here:

Re-read The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on the Kindle.  Meh.  I thought I remembered liking it before but I guess age changed my viewpoint form "This guy is 100 types of awesome!" to "Man, it would totally suck to be around this guy", and I'm not even talking about the utter impossibility of throwing him a surprise party [What? No SNL video links out there?  Weak.].  I mean, if your neighbor came up to you and said something like "I can see from the scuff on your shoe that your wife will be making a glazed ham tonight for dinner" you probably would not say "My word, Holmes, how could you know that?" and then listen patiently for five minutes to how just stupidly unobservant you are.  You'd probably just punch him for being a creepy stalker.  Even if he was your buddy, you would probably stop hanging out with him after the fourth or fifth time he asked if you remembered to bring your service revolver before you went out someplace.  We are just going to the hardware store, Mister-I-Know-Everything-Except-If-You-Have-A-Gun-Or-Not-Apparently, so just relax and catalog some more types of cigar ash or whatever for your next “trifling monograph”.

Stopped reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine.  I'll pick it up later, I guess. 
 
But I started reading another Kindle freebie, Jane Eyre, on the recommendation of one of my sisters.  Pretty good so far.  I am about 70 percent through. I have never been exposed to the story before but I am pretty sure based on how far I've gotten it's gonna be smooooottthhh sailing for Jane from this point forward.
 
Good for her..

No comments: