Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random Bullets

Here are eight random things to throw out there. Enjoy floating in my stream of consciousness.

  • Went to circus last month. The wide-eyed, breathless, rapturous expression on the face of a high-wire performer after he completes his routine with life and limb intact makes the joyous countenance a mother has when she holds her newborn for the first time seem utterly bitter and resentful by comparison.
  • Considering there appear to be only two permanent female residents in the entirety of Hazzard county (Daisy Duke and Lulu Hogg), I am beginning to wonder what kind of bar the “Boar's Head” actually is... Well, whatever goes on there it's still profitable for the Dukes to “secretly” run moonshine twelve mason jars at a time once a month or so, so good for them.
  • I am tired of Eddie Mekka being typecast as a mob guy. It's unfair, dammit. Still, as far as “neighbors who suddenly burst into your apartment” go I would rather live next to Kramer. Mainly because I could borrow clothes from him.
  • Went to an amusement park a few days ago. My kid was excited to ride his first roller coaster, and, afterward, was ten times more excited to express his desire to never, ever go near one again. In order for you or me to be as scared as he appeared after the 45-second ride, we would have to see a ghost viciously murder another ghost.
  • I am eagerly awaiting my next shipment of burritos from Mighty Taco. They are due here Thursday. It will be 92 degrees that day. I hope they pack more dry ice in the box this time.
  • Huge hailstorm last night. Huge tree-snapping microburst today. Looks like the weather here is back to normal (partially oppressive with a 40% chance of terror).
  • Deep-fried liverwurst may sound delicious but it's probably not.
  • I am mortified to think that fights with my son ten or fifteen years from now may contain the words “Shut up, old man! You don't know jack! Didn't your generation think the world was gonna end every other Tuesday or something? Look behind you! It's the Mayan Halley's Comet Y2K Flying Spaghetti Monster! Yeah... that's what I thought.”
More cogent stuff later.

No comments: