Sunday, February 5, 2012

Did I Stutter?!

Bought the Star Wars box set today.  I am looking forward to the boy getting up from his nap so we can start watching them this dreary, rainy afternoon.
There have been enough rants about how directors should not be allowed to muck with films after their release, so I won't get into that.  It just saddens me that I won't be able to share the same frame-per-frame experience of these three (Yes. Just three.) films.  After all, E.T. and even Emmet Otter's Jug-band Christmas have both been "improved" or "updated" over the years so I guess I am just going to have to deal with the changes.  Seems to be the way of the world...
There is such a thing as going too far, though, with this whole "nice-ification" trend.  I hope I never live to see the day where, in place of showing off a cigar-burn scar in that iconic scene from the movie The Breakfast Club, Judd Nelson's character proudly whips this out instead: 



Just sayin'...

No comments: