Monday, November 18, 2013

Rook Update

Last November I got an email from someone who found an item I left in a Geocache a month earlier.  They told me that they planned on turning it into a Travel Bug and sending it on a “tour of the castles of Europe”.  Time passed and I didn’t hear anything else about it.  
So it goes…

A few days ago, I got this email:

Hey SnowUrchin,

I forgot to send this to you. My sister turned your carved wooden castle into a TB. It's already in Germany, I believe. http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=TB56TVF

I hope you will find amusement out of its journey. :)

Take Care, Friend!
Kael & Kuntame

Awesome!  Thanks for the update, guys!  It’s on its way!

It’s current goal is to “see as many Scottish castles as possible”.  You will need to have (or create) a Geocaching account to view the map in the link above (basic accounts are free), but here is a list of places it has been since I dropped it off:
  • Hampton, Virginia
  • Washington, DC
  • 2.8 Miles ENE of Cascade-Fairwood, WA
  • 3.9 Miles WNW of Snoqualmie Pass, WA
  • Seattle, WA
  • Mettmann, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
So far, it has traveled 5,063.3 miles since it was turned into a trackable item in Washington State.

Please join me in wishing the little guy well on its journey!  Godspeed, little castle!

[P.S. I am still looking for a Geocacher in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia to take the Geocache I made off my hands and put it to good use - it's just gathering dust in my garage.  If you know of someone, let me know...]


No comments: