Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Post

Not really enough to talk about for a big post today, so I guess I will just sum up some stuff I have done over the last few days:


Resumed working on Puzzle 05 - The Chalice. For those of you who don't remember, it is a wooden chalice carved from a single hunk of maple taken from my father-in-law's woodpile. I don't have a wood lathe and I am trying to not purchase any special tools to do this, so it will continue to be a challenge.

That reminds me... We still need a charity to go with the Puzzle for Charity. If anyone has any ideas for a small 501c charity that we can tie to the most recent puzzle leave a comment. Don't forget, the Prize Pool will remain at $0.00 ("Braggin Rights") until one is selected.

Prepped the flat surfaces of a small table for my son's room. The plan is to get some non-toxic kids paints and let him "help" me paint the top. I am really looking forward to that. :)

Mailed the Pallet Table to my brother yesterday. I needed to build a shipping crate for it - luckily, I had enough scrap plyboard to knock one together. The table and crate combo ended up weighing 50 pounds and cost me about $30 to ship. Not bad, I guess. Thanks goes out to the people at the local FedEx place and the USPS office for helping me figure out how to send something like this. Not so much thanks goes out to the non-helpful people at Office Depot or to the borderline-openly-hostile people at the UPS Store.

Finally saw "Avatar". If you have the means, and you are one of the 6 or 7 people in America that has not seen it, I highly recommend seeing the IMAX 3-D version.

Found out Radio Shack no longer carries thermal paste at the local store. Bummer. I need to unseat, clean, and reseat a cranky CPU to see if that fixes my black screen of death problem so I can continue on with some video editing work I was doing before the computer died...

Started reading a new book (In the Courts of the Sun by Brian D'Amato) my wife got me for Valentine's Day (thanks, Sweetie!). It looks pretty promising so far.

Talk to you later.

No comments: