Monday, August 29, 2011

No Power No Cry

We came back into town Sunday afternoon to find no (obvious) damage and no power. Lots of trees down all over the neighborhood and one guy down the road had a huge section of his siding ripped off. I had to pick up one stick – it couldn't even properly be called a branch. I guess we paid our dues during Isabel, but my eye is on those two depressions off the coast of Africa right now. We will see.

Power came on just a few minutes ago. I have no generator so we filled the rooms of the house with solar lights from the garden and any sort of flashlight we could find. Candles are right out with a three-year-old running around, of course.

His first day of school was canceled (as was my first day of college, as I recall). No school for him tomorrow, either, for power-related reasons.

I am going to cut this short and just let my sister-in-law know that one of the most hurricane-proof items in existence is the kite she flew into a tree 169 days ago. That's it in the pic.

More later.

No comments: