Thursday, January 12, 2012

Transformer


The words in quotes are from my three-year-old, although I shortened his explanations up quite a bit.  For example "there are guns on the back for shooting all the mad submarines so they get all exploded with big explosions with fire then the pieces go floating up then you can fly away..." is all I can remember of the minutes-long answer to my question "What are these for?"

I think his inspiration for this one is from the opening scenes of Cars 2, but I am really just guessing here. It's not like he drew up blueprints...  Sometimes you just feel like building, you know?

He calls it a Transformer because the wheels can be pivoted back and forth about 45 degrees.  The wheel-mounts each rest on one of those small round button Legos he used for "batteries". He was very pleased when he stumbled into that trick, but not nearly as pleased as I was when he showed it off to me.

No comments: