Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some Sidebar Stuff


Just a few site updates:
I was feeling pretty good today so I went for an actual run after work instead of just hitting the treadmill.  It didn’t hurt motivation that it was warmish (56F) outside and the sun was still up.  I ended up taking 1:10 off my outdoor 5K time - I am sure I will be feeling that in the morning.  I still need to take off a heck of a lot more time before I feel I am ready for a real race, and I definitely need a better pair of shoes - these have just about had it. 
Completed my most recent Rocksmith playlist last night - the new playlist and updated score is in the sidebar.  I was stuck on one song and needed to play it 60 times to advance.  That’s six zero.    
I sank to my knees as the last note faded away when I saw the score was just over the minimum requirement to move on and wept “Hallelujah, I’m barely adequate! You hear that, honey? By God, I have joined the ranks of the mediocre!”  My wife took a break from her non-stop muttering of “no more please no more please God no more...” while rocking back and forth in fetal position with her hands over her ears to smile just before she passed out, presumably from joy.
Call me “Mr. Tenacious”.  Or “Mr. Slow Learner”.  Either is fine.  I think I also got the “Look, Pal, Enough’s Enough” Xbox achievement.  At least I think that’s what the icon that looks like a cartoon guitar rolling its eyes in disgust is supposed to be...
Speaking of music, I added another Montage song to the sidebar.  “The Touch” by Stan Bush.  I was reminded of this one while watching the “Cops and Roger” episode of American Dad recently.  
As usual, montage song recommendations and book recommendations are both welcome.
That’s it for now.  Time to practice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for the record, I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the songs in rock smith and you playing them. The makers of the game are geniuses in my book. They've managed to find 50+ songs that are not annoying even after the 30th time you've heard it. I highly rec the game ( at least from my spot on the couch)