Saturday, November 20, 2010

Puzzle for Charity News

A charity for the Puzzle for Charity has been selected!

The Lake Country SPCA in Clarksville, Virginia, is a privately run organization with no state or federal funding – it is totally donation dependent. It is a no-kill shelter (cool) and they even take care of horses (wow).

All the cash in the Charity Pool (currently $50) will go to them when the puzzle gets solved, and all of the cash in the Prize Pool will go to whoever solves the most recent puzzle. I might throw in the puzzle itself at a later date, but for now, it will just be the cash.

For those of you who don't know, here are some answers to some questions you might have:

Where does the money come from, if it doesn't cost anything to participate? Donations, stuff I sell on craigslist, and out of my pocket. I used to ramp up the prize pools a certain amount per day, and I may do that again in the future, but, for now, I just will randomly chuck cash in the pot(s) when I can.

Why are you doing this? It's cool to help others, and this is a fun way for me to do it.

Check out the sidebar for updates to the Prize Pool, Charity Pool, hints, rules, FAQs, previous winners, previous puzzles and all sorts of other info.

What else... Oh, yeah... I have posted Hint #2 to the Anagram Puzzle. You can find all of the Unsolved Puzzles at the Secret Puzzle Page link in the sidebar on the right. Good Luck!

No comments: